The best way to keep your private parts smelling OK is to take regular showers or baths, wash the outside of your vulva or penis with warm water and a little soap, and wear clean, dry underwear. Other than that, there’s no need to use douches or special washes.
How do men get rid of smell down there?
Find relief and prevent recurrence
- If you’re uncircumcised, pull your foreskin back when you pee.
- Bathe regularly.
- Pat your penis dry.
- Wear loose, cotton underwear.
- Trim your pubic hair.
- Wear condoms every time you have sex.
- Don’t have sex with someone who has symptoms of an STI.
- Clean your penis after you have sex.
How do I get rid of a bad smell in my private area?
1. Adopt good hygiene measures
- urinating immediately after sex.
- using a gentle, fragrance-free soap on the vulva only.
- changing underwear daily, or when the underwear is sweaty or soiled.
- washing underwear in unscented products.
- taking a shower after sweating, as trapped sweat can increase vaginal odor.